Tuesday, January 22, 2013

choices and paths


I couldn't help it; I had to snap the photo. Holding an ice cream cone in one hand but drinking a milkshake instead! She's my grand-daughter, so I think she's cute anyway, but when she insisted on her mom's milkshake even though she had an ice cream cone still unfinished, I had to laugh and snap a photo.

And now, looking at the photo, I wonder. Is it okay to put aside one thing for another? Do I always need to finish the one thing if another (maybe better) option comes along? Is it okay to detour a little--or do I need to stay goal oriented ALL the time, finishing one task before taking on another? Sticking with my first option when another one presents itself?

The choice with ice cream is easy. Sometimes, in life, it isn't so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment