Tuesday, March 27, 2012

5 Things to Love about Cinnamon

1. It smells like Christmas, and Christmas is the happiest time of the year. We try to be nicer and we spend time with family and friends. So, cinnamon=happy. :)
2. I'm sure it has medicinal properties. Yes. I looked it up. It can lower blood sugar (does that count when we eat it in a big cinnamon roll?) and it has anti-viral properties. It has even been shown to inhibit the development of Alzheimer's in mice (mice get Alzheimer's????).
3. It makes most things taste better. Oatmeal? Yes. Apples? Yum. Toast? Of course, especially French toast. Pumpkin? Definitely! Jelly bears? Oh, yeah. I've even heard of it in soups and on meat!
4. Next to chocolate, it seems to mark celebration foods more than anything. I've often thought that if I became allergic to chocolate--heaven help me!--at least there would be cinnamon to celebrate with. But if I eat cinnamon, I feel that I'm getting a treat.
5. It not only tastes good. It also is one of those words that feels good to say. Cinnamon. Cinnamon. Yum.
this clip is all about words that feel good to say. Cinnamon belongs there!

No comments:

Post a Comment