Sunday, March 11, 2012

time change

So why is the "spring forward' so difficult to adjust to? I like the "fall back" time change better!

I saw a story on the news that heart attacks increase by 10% on the Monday following the spring forward time change. The reporter went on to say that researchers find that if we get up early on Saturday, exercise, and drink plenty of water, we adapt to the change with greater ease. So what did I do yesterday? None of those things. I turned all the clocks back at about 9:00 last night so that we would see, literally, that it was later than we thought. I didn't go to bed any earlier. I think it's about a weekend with one hour less than usual and trying to make sure that we get just as much fun and relaxation (if not sleep) as a usual weekend. I like light and longer days, so I'll look forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. This time change is always a challenge. I always feel that it takes about a month to recover the morning light that we lose, but I love your positive closing. I too will focus on light and longer days.

    ReplyDelete