Monday, March 5, 2012

stepping off the sidewalk

It feels like spring--at least for one more day--but a few days ago, we were in the middle of winter. As I walked to my car, I followed a young boy and his dad, going to theirs. The dad walked on the pavement. The boy walked in any snow he could find. He was having a lot of fun.



I found myself wondering if I sometimes do the expected, the easy, the mature thing instead of the fun thing. Nothing was harmed by this guy's climbing the hill and walking in the snow. But a lot was added to his day and his walk to the car. Maybe I should step off the sidewalk once in a while? Enjoy the snow or the grass or whatever for a minute? I'd probably enjoy it! And maybe make someone else smile, as I did when I watched this guy's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment