Thursday, March 14, 2013

Being sick away from home

So, I am at a conference and sick. Why is it that when we are sick, we want to be home? I guess it's the comfort of our own place, our own bed, our own stuff. I could make Lipton chicken soup at home to settle my stomach. Here I have to trek across the street (really long street lights) to get chicken soup from Subway.

I'm glad this isn't as bad as the time I was in Boise. This time, I am able to attend some sessions (well, almost all of one at a time). I went to Boise to speak. Afterward (luckily, it was after), I got violently ill. I hated being in a hotel. Kept the tv on so I wouldn't hear people in the halls, and commercials for Joseph A. Banks were on so many times that I still can't hear one without reminding me of the illness--and that was a few years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment