Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring Signs

I love spring. I am so excited for spring to come that, as in year's past, I start looking for the signs very early. I found out yesterday that I am not the only one.

I was doing a little walking around some historical sites in the Boston area after my meetings had ended. At a cemetery on Bunker Hill, I noticed the shoots of daffodils along the walking path--little clusters about 3 inches high poking through melting, slushy snow. In one case, I could see a little hint of yellow at the top, and I thought, "Yea! Even in this cold, there is hope." (I didn't think of the double meaning until later.)

Even as I thought it, another sightseer noticed them, too, and gestured to the shoots, saying, "Look at that! Spring is on its way!"

I realized that I am not alone in my annual search for signs of spring. We all seek for hope, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment