Wednesday, March 23, 2011

slice of. . . cookies?

I didn't have time for breakfast this morning--and I have this go-pack of mini Chips Ahoy! in my office. So, guess what's for breakfast??? I was eating a few of them (mind you--the serving size is only one-fourth of the pack!) and thinking about what I was eating. First, how do they get them to be that small??? Then, what's in them? I have the book, All in Just One Cookie, in my office. It is a delightful story and informative book about a grandma making chocolate chip cookies in anticipation of a visit from her grandchildren--and the ingredients that contribute to the chocolate chip cookies she is baking. I don't think there's anything in the book about niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, soy lecithin, caramel color, or emulsifiers. Yet all those are in these little bite-sized "cookies" I am eating for my breakfast today. Hmmm. No wonder I like the ones I make at home better. But. . . these can do in a pinch. And there's something that makes me feel like I'm on vacation. . . eating cookies for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes eat cookies for breakfast too (don't tell my kids--they don't know!). I loved hearing your thoughts on your breakfast, and about a book I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 cookies. I've been working for years to break my addiction.

    ReplyDelete