Saturday, March 26, 2011

Writing

Last night we watched the new movie Limitless. In it, the main character takes a pill that let's him access 100% of his brain (under the premise that we normally access only 20%). He is a writer who can't write until he takes the pill--and then he can write. Just like that! The scene where he suddenly begins writing is visually intriguing: letters start falling from the ceiling, just a few at first and then more and more, faster and faster, until he is surrounded by letters. He finishes the book in record time. As if it were that easy. Some days, I wish it were. Not the pill, which is scary, but the words falling around me? That I would like.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! I could use that right now as I try to finish up some of these papers I'm writing. Even better than falling from the ceiling I think it would be nice if they just started appearing on the computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the words to come from somwhere tonight!!
    Thanks for the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete