Thursday, March 24, 2011

too many things to do

It's one of those days, you know? We all have them, I know: more things clamoring for our attention than we can do. Today, at 11:00, there were at least four events I could have/should have attended. One would have been professionally enlightening, one would have been supportive of a colleague,one would have been I-don't-know-what (maybe boring, but I'd have been dutiful to have gone), and one was the appointment I made a month ago with a friend and colleague who works in a local school district office. About three times a year we find a day when our schedules work out to allow us to meet for lunch. Today was one of those days, so I did what I wanted to do, what I'd planned to do, and said no to the other good things I could have done. And my visit with her? It was enlightening, it was supportive (both of her and to me), and it was rejuvenating. So, I think I made the best choice for using that hour of my day. I wish I made the best choices for all the individual hours I must decide between a bundle of good options.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the good choice. You can never go wrong with good company. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many TWT writers have been posting about friendship and the need for people in our lives. It sounds like you made the best decision for you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always comforting when you get that confirmation of making the writing choice. I agree with Elizabeth- you can never go wrong with good company!

    ReplyDelete