Sunday, March 27, 2011

Taking time

I keep being reminded: we need to make good choices for how we spend our time. My friend whose husband is fighting cancer went with him and their children to the Jazz game last night (in a special suite to protect him). When I asked her about it today, she said they didn't even realize that the Jazz lost--they were having so much fun. I was so happy for them to have the time together--and I am reminded (again) that being with people we love is what matters. Yes, we have to work and fill the car with gas and pick up the dry cleaning. But when we can pick, we should spend time with the people we love. It won't matter if it rains during the picnic or if the dinner doesn't turn out as we had hoped. It's the time and the memories that will matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment