Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This is where I

I'm using Ruth's SOLS as my inspiration today. Today she wrote about collecting the letter A. I have an A in my office, too.


I can't make it import right side up!

Anyway, here are some other "A" (or almost-A) things I have in my office:

ABC Books, including Agent A to Z (Andy Rash)
Art created by grandchildren and former students
Ahab's Wife (Sena Jeter Naslund)
(not really Abominable) snowmen
Abundance
An accommodating chair
Aspirin
Adjectives: different and secret and dreadful
Adverbs: extremely and incredibly and proudly
America: A Patriotic Primer (Lynne Cheney)
Afternoons
Antique books, including a grammar book from 1893
Awe

3 comments:

  1. Is it an a or a g? I know many kids that would say it is a g:)
    I am sitting in a rocking chair in my kitchen now looking around for things that begin with Aa. This is infectious. I cannot find one thing but many things with interior a's.
    plant
    table
    chair
    calendar
    basket
    magnet
    microwave
    dishwasher
    Oh there it is...AVOCADO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing on your list I cannot get past is Ahab's Wife--I love that book! And I'm wondering if Abundance on your list is Naslund's book Abundance--another huge all-time favorite for me.
    Thanks for doing this. Seeing those things on your list was sort of like spotting old friends in an unexpected place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a super exercise in observation; I loved the book Abundance too, but thought you meant it more like 'plentiful'. The adjectives & adverbs are a treat. I don't find many A's in the den where I am working, but there is an Abundance of Art!

    ReplyDelete